From the Directors
What can you expect at the Chicagoland Dance Festival?
Let’s start with more fun than you can shake a stick at!
Whether you’re a competitor or a social dancer, we want you to have a great time dancing in Sweet Home, Chicago.
We know you have lots of options when it comes to dance events, so we want you to get a lot of value from the event. You are our guests. Our volunteers and staff will do whatever it takes to make you feel at home. Our contests will be conducted fairly and our contest staff will treat our competitors professionally. When you look up “hospitality” the dictionary, we want you to see our picture!
There are special touches you can count on at Chicagoland:
- A free Chicago-style pizza party hosted by our friends from Swing ‘n Country.
- Saturday night show and Masters competition included with your weekend pass.
- Guaranteed prize money for Masters, Couples Crown, the top 5 UCWDC Pro-Am instructors and top 3 Swing Pro-Am instructors.
- Complimentary score reports for all competitors.
- Workshops for absolute beginners.
- Cookies and coffee at registration on Friday.
Amazing downtown Chicago is only 2 blocks, 2 bucks and a quick train trip away. It’s well worth the trip, and if you can schedule an extra day to explore, you won’t regret it.
Drop us a note of you have any questions or want to say hello.
We really hope you’ll join us!
Jennifer and Randy
About the Directors
Jennifer and Randy Jeffries live just a couple of hours south of Chicago in Brookston, Indiana. Jennifer and Randy have been active on the UCWDC circuit since 1995: Jennifer as an MC and Randy as a floor coordinator, scoring assistant and pro-am instructor.
Randy and Jennifer began competing in 1998 and now compete on the UCWDC circuit in the Crown Division – an advanced division for dancers who are at least 40 years of age and have a required number of wins.
Jennifer works for the College of Education at Purdue University (Go Boilers!) and Randy is an independent insurance agent.